You can visit TheTechFolk’s websites without revealing your identity. There are times, however, when we may request information to better serve you as an existing or prospective client. Please know that TheTechFolk does not sell, distribute, or give your personal information to any third party without your knowledge and consent except to provide products or services in which you have expressly displayed an interest.
1. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION
- When you use our Website, we collect, receive, and store your personal information and other information which is provided by you from time to time.
- You can generally browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. Further, you may also provide information when participating in a marketing campaign, survey or product reviews, comparisons, ideas or comments, or the like that are offered/provided on the Website. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular part or feature on the Website.
- We, either directly or through third parties engaged by us, may automatically track certain information about you based on your behavior on our Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis.
- We may use Flash Local Shared Objects to personalize your visit and to store your preferences. You cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser, and they are different from browser cookies
- Time period till which your data will be stored: We usually solely retain your data for the time necessary to comprehend our legitimate business functions and to befit the law.
- If you choose to post messages on our message boards, surveys posted, product review/comparison questionnaires, marketing-related materials, chat rooms, or other message areas or leave feedback, we will collect the information you provide to us and are entitled to use the same in accordance with the Terms.
- We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, etc.) from you when you set up an account with us. While you can browse some sections of our Website without being a registered member, certain activities do require registration. We do use your contact information to send you materials that may be of your interest.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION
- We use the personal information and other information we collect about/from you for the following general purposes: for registration and to manage your account, including to facilitate your access to and use of our Website; to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about us and invitations/contests from us; to enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, and other content; to respond to your questions and comments; to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and the Website; to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners, or from the providers of products and services listed on our Website, that may be of interest to you; to otherwise customize your experience with us; to solicit information from you, including through surveys; to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems; to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; to enforce the Terms; and as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection.
- To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt out of such uses.
- In our efforts to continually improve our products and services and the Website, we collect and analyze demographic and profile data about our user’s activity on the Website.
- We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
- We may ask you from time to time to complete optional online surveys and/or product reviews. These surveys/product reviews may ask you for contact information and demographic information (like pin code, age, or income level), and to provide the information sought therein and/or responses to queries stated therein.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION
- We may share personal information and other information with our other corporate entities and affiliates. These entities and affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt out.
- We may disclose personal information and other information provided by you to third parties. Disclosure and sharing of information may include business partners (whose privacy practices we do not have control over or are responsible/liable for) in conjunction with whom we offer our products and services and third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf. We may also disclose and share aggregated and non-personally identifiable information which has been developed using the information provided by you with our business partners, clients, and the public.
- Any information (like email, name, phone, company, etc.) that is explicitly provided by you in any form or during registration might be shared by us with third-party vendors and our business partners. However, any implicit information or behavioral data (like IP address, cookie data, device, operating system, etc.) that is tracked by us will not be shared with any third party vendors, advertisers, agencies, or our business partners, except our other corporate entities and affiliates.
- The aforesaid disclosures may be required for us to provide you to offer and/or develop our products and services, comply with our legal obligations, enforce the Terms, facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
- We may disclose personal information and other information provided by you if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, summons, court orders, or other legal processes. We may disclose personal information or other information to law enforcement offices, third-party rights owners, or others in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our Terms or the Policy; respond to claims that an advertisement, posting, or other content violates the rights of a third party; or protects the rights, property, or personal safety of our users or the general public.
- We and our affiliates may share/sell some or all of your personal and other information with another business entity should we (or our assets) plan to merge with, or be acquired by that business entity, or reorganization, amalgamate, or restructure the business. Should such a transaction occur that other business entities (or the new combined entity) will be required to follow this Policy with respect to your personal information and other information?
Nature of Data on the Internet:
TheTechFolk intent is to keep secure any personal information that you submit to us, and TheTechFolk will continue to take steps to maintain the security of our website, infrastructure, and facilities. However, the open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
Therefore, in submitting personal information to any website connected to the Internet, you assume some risk (though minimal) of a third party obtaining that information. To guard against this threat we advise that any individual using the Internet as a communications medium takes steps to educate themselves on the risks and take the necessary steps to address them as best as possible. These steps include but are not limited to, using encryption software and installing anti-spyware on your system.
Manage Your Personal Information:
You have the right to request that TheTechFolk disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
You can reach out to our Data Protection Officer or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to access, amend, delete, or limit the use or disclosure of your data gathered by TechResearchOnline.
Deletion Request Rights:
You have the right to request that TheTechFolk delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Email address: email@example.com